Skip to content
How to care for your jewellery
- Store your precious piece in a jewellery velvet pouch/dustbag.
- Specially designed jewellery boxes, with soft lining and individual compartments are always the best.
- It should be stored away from direct sunlight, damp, and extremes, either heat or cold.
- Never force or pull chains. When in storage, arrange chains in loop shapes to avoid damage. Don't mix silver and gold jewellery.
- After each use, gently wipe every piece with a soft cloth to remove any make-up residue or oils from your skin. Go easy – excessive polishing might rub off the plating.
- Never wear jewellery in a swimming pool, sauna or steam room. Don’t sleep with your jewellery on.
Water and Chemical Interactions
- Water and chemicals may damage the surface. Always take jewellery off before washing your hands, bathing, showering or doing household work.
- Add your jewellery as the last step of your beauty routine. Hairspray, perfume, soap, make-up, oils and lotions may all dull the surface.
- Just like any other wardrobe item, jewellery needs maintenance to keep in mint condition. Check locks and clasps regularly.
- It is natural for the layers of gold plating to gradually wear off, but by following our care tips you can slow down the process. You might at some point want to get a new layer of gold plating.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.